Learn and experience the basics of DICOM in two days!
Are you a medical software developer or test engineer who is about to develop software with the DICOM standard? Or are you working with medical devices and need to understand the DICOM interface? ICT Group offers you a hands-on workshop in which you learn the fundamentals of DICOM and how to apply the DVTk tooling for testing, validating and diagnosing this protocol. After completion of the training you will be able to increase the quality of handling, storing and transmitting information in medical imaging.
‘DICOM Fundamentals and DVTk Applied’ is a two-day workshop that combines theoretical knowledge, practical training and in-depth application. The first day focusses on acquiring the necessary knowledge, illustrated with practical examples. On day two theory and practice are integrated in interactive workshops. For instance, you learn how to use the open source DVTk tooling to improve the DICOM interface of medical devices or how to deal with fault finding problems.
Scope of the training
• Understanding the purpose of the main DICOM Service Classes like Storage (Commitment), Worklist Management (Modality Worklist), Query/Retrieve and Media Storage
• Setting up DICOM Associations
• Understanding the sequence of messages (requests and responses) used by the different DICOM Service Classes
• Being able to interpret the content specification for SOP classes (like IODs, modules, attributes and tags)
• Dealing with actual data sets
• Understanding the structure of DICOM Conformance Statements
• Configuring and using useful DICOM related tooling, including DVT, emulators, DICOM editor and DICOM Network Analyser
• Hospital IT personnel
• Clinical information specialists
• Clinical physicists
• Medical software developers
• Medical software testers.
Toine van Wijk, Sr. Test Engineer at ICT Netherlands
Training data 2022
February 17-18, 2022
September 29-30, 2022
• Maximum group size: 10 persons
• Course fee (standard training): € 1395,- (excl. VAT) per person, including training material and lunch
• Location: Eindhoven (NL), Deventer (NL), Utrecht (NL), or Gorinchem (NL)
• On-site or tailor-made training for your organization is available upon request (course fee to be determined by mutual agreement)
• For more information, please contact us by e-mail