We’d like to expand our high-tech business unit’s project team. We’re looking for an experienced Software Lead Developer, who has the potential to develop into a Software Architect role.
Our project team is responsible for software projects in the high-tech industry, such as software development for machine testing. These projects are based on scrum, in teams of 2 to 5 Software Developers. The projects are mainly carried out in-house at ICT Group, but team members may, at times, also work at multiple sites. Working together with our subsidiary in Bulgaria poses an additional challenge, as this involves working at a great distance with colleagues from a different cultural background.
Experienced Lead Engineers/Architects are responsible for the technical management within the teams. The average processing time of our projects is 3 to 6 months. The customer’s functional specifications serve as a foundation for going through the entire software development cycle: from the drafting of software requirements to design, implementation and testing & integration.
- The Software Lead Developer has a crucial role in gathering requirements from customers and translating these to the team.
- During the design and implementation phase, you are responsible for identifying quality and lead-time changes in a demanding, dynamic environment in a timely fashion.
- In order to manage this efficiently, you’ll be in constant contact with your team and customer, allowing you to manage any possible technical escalations as they arise.
- You are able to communicate at all levels and take responsibility for your decisions.
- Finally, you are directly involved with the delivery of a top quality, timely software solution to the customer.
This role of Lead Developer is a mixture of different aspects, whereby technical skills are key, but personal competencies will be decisive. Your focus will be on quality, process improvement and interaction with various stakeholders (both internally and externally at the customer).
In summary, the most important elements we look for in our new Software Lead Developer are:
- Being able to communicate effectively (in English and Dutch) in a demanding, multicultural and hectic environment
- Experience with managing various stakeholders in a strong technical environment, preferably in a high-tech domain
- Being able to deal with pressure and making sure it won’t negatively affect your team
- Being able to translate functional specifications into software requirements and supervising the software development cycle
- A keen eye for quality, process improvements and lead-time
- Being able to intervene where necessary, both in your team as well as with customers. You won’t avoid escalations
- Being a team player: you know you’ll achieve the best results when working together with your team and customers
- Experience with scrum project execution
What can we offer you?
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Jiska van Herpen at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to email@example.com. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.