Our team has a unique opportunity for a Software Engineer – Outsource Architect who will work as an intermediate between a High-Tech Customer in the Brainport Region and a remote software team in Sofia, Bulgaria. As a trusted partner you will support the team in Sofia with your excellent technical skills; discuss engineering requests; setup a software design based on the requirements from the customer; initiate and participate in backlog refinement and cooperate in development and implementation at the location of the customer. To build the necessary customer specific domain knowledge, you will start as SW Engineer participating in the development project of our customer. When owning the required domain knowledge and all necessary customer specifics, you will stepwise start working as Outsource Architect.
Your location will be in The Netherlands where your position can be defined as critical for the stakeholders’ requirements. As part of the development team you will be responsible for the implementation of the solution and getting the requirements implemented. You will signal changes in quality and lead time in a complex, demanding and frequently changing environment. You will be strongly involved in the solution that is offered to the customer. To achieve awareness of customers’ needs you bring “signals” and customer feel to the team. You manage technical escalations from the Sofia team to the client and vice versa. Your experience brings responsibility and ownership for the projects and is aimed at ensuring that our solutions are sustainable and embedded permanently in our clients’ organization.
- Interact with clients, architects, competence owners and assigned staff involved in the projects
- Simplify complex topics for non-technical audiences and prepare quick pointed plans
- Perform technical reviews and use them for the improvement of the project execution
- Develop your knowledge to become a fully committed and respected team member
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in software engineering field with a strong technical background
- Strong communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
- 7+ years’ experience with Software engineering (5+ years as Software developer)
- Excellent experience with C, C++ (Proficient)
- Shell scripting
- Linux or UNIX
- Unit test
- Experience with Python and Matlab is a pre
- Experience with complex enterprise systems
- Experience with SCRUM based projects
- Very good English communication skills
- Quick learning skills on the technical area to level with the customer
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion to accomplish results
- Team player
- Willing to travel to Bulgaria, Sofia on a regular basis (min. 5 time a year of average a week)
What can we offer you?
- Working in a balanced and highly motivated team. A challenging job in a High Tech context with high customer intimacy based on a long term relationship.
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Hans Rademakers at email@example.com or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.