What is the best invention since the wheel? We were suddenly able to do so much more, so much more quickly. Can we still surpass that? Well, not yet perhaps. But we can keep coming up with ideas to maximise use and benefit. The scale at which items are transported now will only increase in the future. To do this successfully, oversight, safety and clarity are therefore mandatory. How can we contribute to this? Software! This is very important. You, the software developer, are essential to this process. After all, you and your team are the ones that keep things running.
The accompanying projects are something for which you and your code will be responsible. Examples include the Rotterdam harbours and the container transport there, mission-critical systems and other challenges. You will constantly have new challenges to face.
There is nothing more annoying than departing from Rotterdam with a ship packed full of containers, only to realise later that you are missing one or two containers. These are expensive mistakes, which is why attention to detail and quality are priorities at Transport & Logistiek ICT, as is the automation of container terminals. For example, software that handles automatic loading and unloading of containers onto and from the ship. This process is increasingly performed automatically and you can play an important role here, for terminals in both Rotterdam and abroad.
You'll be using state-of-the-art technology to accomplish this. For example, automatic container recognition using Vision and precise positioning systems for Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV). Planning, coordination and management of cranes, AGVs and other equipment are very important to allow a container terminal to function efficiently and will only become more relevant in the coming years. ICT has been involved in the development of this type of software for many years and has built up a lot of knowledge and experience in this field, which we're eager to look at with you and combine with your own software knowledge and experience.
Your daily tasks include:
- As a software engineer, you plan complex logistical software solutions.
- You also maintain the engineered software solutions.
- You draw up the user requirements together with the customer.
- You plan the work activities and coordinate progress with the project manager.
- You also act as a technical point of contact for customers and team members.
- You work with our customers on site.
If you meet the requirements below, we'd love to get in touch with you.
- Completed Bachelors or Masters degree in IT or a technical field.
- At least 4 years of recent and professional work experience with C# and Azure.
- Excellent knowledge of English (writing, understanding and speaking)
- Motivated, flexible, willing to travel and responsible
- In possession of a valid driving licence. (valid in the Netherlands)
What can we offer you?
- Of course a monthly gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Jelle Rouwet at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to email@example.com. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.