Our team has a unique opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to extend the project management competence in a balanced team. You will work with a software engineering team to implement solutions for a High Tech Customer in the Brainport region. In this critical role you will be responsible for project management, quality, lead time and budget in a complex, demanding and frequently changing environment. This in close cooperation with a software lead engineer, supporting you with the technical content. Extension of the team capacity based on mixed near shoring is part of the challenge.
You will provide overall project management for multiple small projects (< 4 FTE per project) to ensure they are meeting the overall objectives and goals. As such, you should have the ability to coordinate multiple teams of engineers in a fast-paced environment and be able to act as an extension of senior (account) management, dealing with commercial items. The Senior Project Manager has an important role in stakeholder management within a demanding environment.
- Develop scope, schedule and budget for engineering proposals together with the lead engineers
- Resource scheduling; identify, plan and track engineering staff for each subproject
- Manage multiple, concurrent project deliveries and execution on time, on budget and with expected level of quality
- Integrate near shoring in the project execution / team
- Interact with clients, project managers, discipline leaders and assigned staff involved in the projects
- Reporting the project progress to the customer and internal management
- Simplify complex topics for non-technical audiences and prepare quick pointed plans & summaries for executives, clients and stakeholders
- Perform (project) reviews and use them for the CIP of the projects execution
- Lead and coach multiple individuals and teams for an effective and engaged team
What do we expect from you?
- Master degree in a software or related Engineering field with a strong technical background.
- 10+ years of project management experience in a High Tech Software engineering context
- Previous proven and successful project management experience
- Experience with leading SCRUM based projects
- Strong communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
- Quick learning skills on the technical (application) area to level with the customer
- The ability to influence people to get things done
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to proactively deal with conflict and related escalation methods
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion to accomplish results
- Very good English communication skills
We kindly ask you not to apply to this position, if you haven't managed technical software projects in the last two years.
What can we offer you?
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Jiska van Herpen at email@example.com or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.