Our team has a unique opportunity for a Senior Program Manager to extend the project management competence in the team. You will work with a team of project managers and software engineering team to implement solutions for High Tech Customers. In this critical role you will be responsible for project program management in a complex, demanding and frequently changing environment. This in close cooperation with the project managers and software lead engineers. Extension of the team capacity based on merged near shoring is part of the challenge.
You will provide program management for multiple project teams to ensure they are meeting the overall objectives and goals. As such, you should have the ability to structure and coordinate multiple project teams in a fast-changing environment. Next to this you act as an extension of operational project management, supporting the project managers in practice when needed. The Senior Program Manager has an important role in the control the overall budget and related margins.
- Develop and extend the project organization strategy together with the group lead and business development team to be able to fill in the business needs & propositions
- Overall resource management; schedule, identify, plan and track the projects
- Manage multiple, concurrent project deliveries and execution on time, on budget and with expected level of quality together with the project managers
- Interact with clients, project managers, discipline managers and assigned staff involved in the projects to manage the relationships.
- Reporting the project progress to the customer and internal Business Unit management
- Perform (project) reviews and use them as the basis for the Continues Improvement Process (CIP) of the project execution
- Lead and coach multiple project managers for a professional, effective and engaged team that can handle the challenge of demanding customers
- Integrate near shoring in the project execution / team to support extend the team capacity
Skills and Experience:
- Master degree in a software or related Engineering field with a strong technical background.
- 10+ years of project management experience in a High Tech Software engineering context
- Previous proven and successful program management experience
- Experience with leading Agile / SCRUM based projects
- Strong communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
- Quick learning skills on the technical (application) area to level with the customer
- The ability to influence people to get things done and support change
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to proactively deal with conflict and related escalation methods.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion to accomplish results
- Very good English communication skills
What can we offer you?
- Working in a balanced and highly motivated management team
- A challenging job in a High Tech context with high customer intimacy based on a long term relationship
- A big degree of freedom to support, implement and deploy process and organizational aspects to extend the business unit success
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Maarten Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to email@example.com. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.