Our team has a unique opportunity for a Product Owner who will work as an intermediate between a High-Tech Customer in the Brainport Region and a remote software team in Sofia, Bulgaria. The Product Owner role is a unique Agile team member who serves as a customer liaison, translating customer needs into product requirements, maximizing the value of the product created by the scrum development team.
As Product Owner you will be an essential part of the Strypes team by ensuring the definition of the product requirements. An experienced professional who connects the customer and the Agile team in Sofia, making sure the requirements are well detailed and prioritized. You will manage the product backlog, define the vision, prioritize the needs, anticipate the customer needs, oversee the development stages and evaluate the product progress at each iteration.
Your location will in The Netherlands where your position can be defined as critical for the stakeholders’ requirements. Your experience brings responsibility and ownership for the projects and is aimed at ensuring that our solutions are sustainable and embedded permanently in our clients’ organization.
- Collect, detail and prioritize customer specifications and requirements
- Manage product backlogs according to Scrum/Agile Methodologies
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the development team in Sofia
- Oversee the development stages and evaluate product progress
- Align the Product roadmap with all stakeholders
- Be part of the SAFe routines
- Attend onsite meetings with the customer
- Identifies the risks and suggests / takes the mitigation action
- Collaborates to the (long term) road-map/vision creation
Skills and Experience
- Master of Bachelor degree in software engineering field with a strong technical background
- Strong communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
- 5+ years’ experience with Software engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile environment as Product owner or Product manager is a pre
- Experience with SCRUM based projects
- Experience with SAFe is a pre
- Experience with C, Python is a pre
- Experience with Linux is a pre
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Quick learning skills on the technical area to level with the customer
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion to accomplish results
- Team player
- Strong business skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel to Bulgaria, Sofia on a regular basis (min. 6 time a year of average a week)
What can we offer you?
- Working in a balanced and highly motivated team. A challenging job in a High Tech context with high customer intimacy based on a long term relationship.
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Hans Rademakers at email@example.com or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.