The Hightech industry is one of the main economical drivers of the Dutch economy. In this sector, the race to develop the next generation of increasingly sophisticated software systems is pushing conventional software engineering practices beyond its limits. Software engineers are being asked to develop systems that are more and more complex. They have to be reliable, flexible and robust yet affordable.
Model Driven Engineering is a software development methodology that provides solutions to these challenges.
The business unit High Tech of ICT Group is establishing itself as a specialist in the relatively novel field of Model Driven Engineering (MDE), having already partnered with some of the leading names in the field, including Verum Software Tools, Cordis Automation and TNO-ESI. We have successfully executed a variety of projects using a MDE approach. For more details, you can read the following cases: "Using Cordis Suite to Design Control Logic" and Smooth adoption of Verum’s Dezyne to model software for a service tool.
Check out our MDE page for more information.
If you are willing to challenge yourself by using a MDE approach for the development of sophisticated software systems, apply for this position at ICT Group! In order to be successful as a Designer, you will need at least 5 years work experience in a multidisciplinary product development context. We prefer experience in a regulated, high tech industry (e.g. medical/aerospace/high tech equipment). Experience with Model Driven Engineering is preferable, but more important is having the mindset that enables you to move away from the traditional way of software development. Not only do we look at your technical abilities, your personal competences are equally important.
We have a strong focus on the ‘Brainport’ region, with Eindhoven at the centre; this area has developed into an important high tech region due to the fact that the vast majority of high tech companies are located here.
What are we looking for?
- A Master’s degree in a software related subject
- You have at least 3 years experience in the high tech industry
- You know your way with Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML and Design patterns
- Preferably you are experienced in Model Driven Engineering; Domain Specific Languages, ASD, Dezyne, Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF), Sirius, Xtext.
- Enthusiastic teamplayer, analytical and structured
- You have excellent communication skills in English
What can you expect from us?
- Challenging projects, mainly in the Brainport region
- Great opportunities to develop yourself and advance your career
- A multidisciplinary, international environment
- An informal, team-oriented work culture
- Support in learning the Model Driven Engineering approach through internships and on the job
What can we offer you?
- A gross salary
- A fixed 13th month
- 29 vacation days
- Depending on your situation we offer a company car of mobility compensation
- A netto reimbursement fee of € 90,76 each month to pay for your small expenses
- Pension fund
- Training and development, keep your knowledge up to date within our ICT Academy
- A bookbudget of 150,- per year to buy books or hard-and software for yourself
Are you interested in this position, please contact Maarten Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)88 908 2000.
Would you like to work for us? Please send your application to us using the online application form or by e-mail to email@example.com. Not the right time to apply? If you want to read the vacancy at a later moment, leave your email address and we’ll send you the job profile.