ICT actively promotes corporate sustainability in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises. As ICT plays an essential role in helping customers make the digital transformation and seize the opportunities of the current and future technology revolution, creating sustainable solutions is a vital part of that effort. Our strategic principles aimed at creating sustainable solutions that make the world smarter are:
- to improve healthcare and well-being with technological solutions;
- to create intelligent IT solutions which increase the quality of life in cities, provide economic growth in industries and cities, and foster innovation;
- to reduce the world’s environmental footprint and ensure responsible consumption and production based on innovative IT solutions.
In 2018 we added the Sustainable Development Goal ‘decent work and economic growth’ (SDG 8) to our CSR strategy as fulfilling our purpose is not possible without focusing on the development of our people. We do this by offering them a safe working environment, stimulating their entrepreneurial spirit, so that they can deliver value to our customers. ICT believes that the development of its people is a solid foundation for contributing to increased economic growth and productivity for the company and our customers.
Below we have identified how our CSR strategy is linked to the UN Sustainable Developments Goals, outlining our objectives and how we contribute.
ICT has defined the following spearheads to execute its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy:
- Promote sustainable employability
- Enhance sustainable innovation
- Reduce our environmental footprint and that of the world
- Conduct business in a transparant manner
- Topics are defined with quantative KPIs and time-sensitive targets for each Corporate Social Responsibility theme.